New Delhi: The Supreme Court has refused to provide relief on the ban on short video mobile application TikTok. After the court’s decision, the central government told Google and Apple that they banned its downloads. This mobile application was previously banned by the Madras High Court. Later, the matter reached the Supreme Court. The Supreme Court refused to stay on the High Court’s decision. Following the Supreme Court decision, the Ministry of Information has taken this step and told Google and Apple that they banned this app.
The next hearing of this case will now be on April 22. The case is headed by Chief Justice Ranjan Gogoi-led panel. The Madras High Court is also scheduled to hear the next hearing on April 16. After the release of instructions from the Ministry, it is expected that the download of this app will be banned. However, people who have the TikTok app already in their phones, they can keep using it.
Big action in TikTok India, removed more than six million videos due to this
The Madras High Court had stayed on April 3 at the TikTok app, because it believes that it will have a bad effect on children. The popularity of TikTok can be gauged from the fact that it is the third most commonly installed mobile application in the world. In March alone, 188 million people downloaded this app worldwide. Only 8.8 million users in India downloaded this app. More than 500 million people use this application all over the world.
check out more on wayoftrend